Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A particular day in Darwin...

A post that only covers one day? I know what you're thinking...there can't be that much to talk about. But really, there is...I promise. Or maybe it's all boring! Either way, I bet you're going to read it cause you're already here! Suckers!!!

BERRY SPRINGS

Unfortunately I didn't get to take many pictures because I didn't have an underwater camera :( Nonetheless! I had lots of fun swimming, going under a (very small) waterfall, and then letting the waterfall give me a nice back massage! Another wonderful trip provided by NFIH, the dorm I live in, and again for FREE! The best kind of trip! After Berry Springs we went to a rodeo, which wasn't like any rodeo I've been to before, but also kind of the same...


 The water was the most amazing color blue I've ever seen in freshwater!! And it was as warm as bathwater! Made for a really nice swim and the trees kept the sun off of most the water, so we never got too hot!

On our way back to the bus to head to the rodeo, we wandered into a field and there were 5 or 6 wallabies just hanging out!! In the top picture you can see the one in front of the trees and there's on in the opening in the background! Tamas (the one with the nice tush in the bottom pic) kept encouraging us to go closer and closer as they inched away from us. We ended up getting within 20ft of one of them, and then it finally retreated into the woods. They were pretty dang cute! If they had been kangaroos we probably wouldn't have tried to walk up on them since those tend to be a bit more dangerous, these are pretty harmless. So, Mom, don't worry! And most of all, don't lecture! Haha!

NOONAMA RODEO

After our refreshing swim we were all starving and ready to see some action at the rodeo! I was surprised when I got there to see that, for being in the middle of nowhere, there were quite a lot of people in attendance. It was kind of a big deal around there actually! We got a good discount through the dorms, which was good because then we had more money to spend on greasy food and beer! Haha! There were also rides there! Not big roller coasters or anything, but they had something like the spinning teacups and one like the Sizzler! Unfortunately all of us were just too cheap to pay $7 per ride! I think that's more expensive than the fair at home!!! Eesh!
From left: Simon, Lina, Travis, Jessica, and JonLuc. We were waiting outside while our tickets were being sorted out. I think that's JonLuc's hungry face cause we were all starving!
Another thing that made it seem more like a circus than a rodeo was this boxing tent! I was trying to sneak a peek of some hot boxers...but it wasn't running at the time! Bummer! There was also a band playing right next to this tent. I've never seen a band at a rodeo...but I approve.
From left: Jessica, Lina, me. We're sitting in the stands at the rodeo here with only the best of canned beer in hand (not, it was really gross). My favorite part of this picture is the woman who's giving Lina bunny ears! We didn't know her at all and didn't talk to her either...apparently she had just decided she wanted to be included too! Haha! Seriously cracks me up...

This is Travis, me, and Tamas on our way to get more beer and they decided, with a few other guys that they just had to have these fuzzy hats. Not really sure what the selling point was for them...but they did get asked for a few pictures from us girls, so maybe that was it!
Nothing better than a chocolate dipped ice cream cone on a hot summer night! Notice another classy can of beer in my hand! Ha! They didn't have wine, ok?! Our choices were beer, beer, or light beer! Didn't mix too well with the ice cream either...
Ah Jessica! I'm pretty sure she hates this picture, but I love it! She is supposed to love everything pink, and so I forced her to love this hat as well! As you can see, she made the same mistake as me with the beer and ice cream at the same time!
There was a restaurant/bar right outside the rodeo and this was their front window! Not sure what this one was supposed to mean, but there was also on that said something about an eel erection...and at the bottom you can see Ass & Aluminium...so it's safe to say that some bar patrons got there hands on this window. I was amused.

More to come very soon as Jessica tells me that I'm a awful blogger and need to post more often! Next is my trip to Crocosaurus Cove where I got to pay money to risk my life! Yay! Mom, you can lecture me about this one if you want! Haha!

Laters!!

2 comments:

  1. The top line in that last picture looks like it had NUTTALL in it before someone swiped a T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right! I didn't even notice that! How funny!

    ReplyDelete